Saturday, November 26, 2005

Remembering Eddie

Eddie Guerrero
(1967 - 2005)

November 13, 2005, Sunday morning in a hotel in Minneapolis. Unknown to many that this would be the place wherein WWE SMACKDOWN star Eddie would take his last breath.

Eddie Guerrero was tagged as "Latino Heat".

He popularized the line "I LIE. I CHEAT. I STEAL." I'm not really into wrestling years ago but when I first got hooked to it, I can say that I really got addicted.

And I can still remember the first day I watched my first glimpse of WWE. It was when Eddie arrived at the arena with his car. His SUPER-COOL car. The way he made JBL angry is so funny. hehe. (I really love seeing him angry!) I have been a WWE fanatic eversince. We all know (except stupid gits) that WWE is SCRIPTED. Rey Mysterio and Eddie's "fight" is part of the script. That's why it's called entertainment. When the news about Eddie's death reached me, I just shook my head and forced a laugh. I thought Bayani was just joking. I thought it was another "scene". Part of a script. But when Aga post a bulletin about it, well, I know Aga is a WWE fanatic. I can still remember the way he imitates Batista's "dancestep".

It's not that I don't believe Bay, it's just that, he's always playing pranks and I've got used to it, and now I don't know whether he is serious or not. I'm still in the state of shock.

Because of WWE, PINK BUNNY made a meaning to his existence. DMYTZ was born. Friendships were made. Bonds are strengthen. If it wasn't for this, I may not have met my friends.

Thanks to the day when ADENG flipped the channel to AXN. Thanks to the day when I got interested with Eddie's acts, JBL's limo, John Cena's rap, Rey's mask, and other things that if I enumerate them all, would not fit into this.

For the tragic loss of a fighter. We, the DMYTZ, offer our prayer for the eternal repose of his soul.

HAPPY TRIP EDDIE!

~DMYTZ
-GnehDa
-tOmaM
-aYa
-kNabenOb
-neM
-raMma
-zauM
-haNnah
-naHij aLol
-aDuLak

No comments: