Pansit once told me,
According to my online lifesaver, http://dictionary.reference.com, there is a huge difference between childish and childlike. Childishness often has unfavorable connotations, whilst childlikeness is otherwise.
People used to call me childish. Isip-bata. And honestly, I find such people who refer me that way stupid. First point, they can't justify their accusation of the word childish. Or maybe because their lexical definition of such term is way off-target. I'm not isip-bata. I'm kilos-bata. DUH.
Yes, I do act like a child most of the times. I run in broad daylight. I laugh at the corniest joke. I always express my utmost disgust for Tagalog Romance Pocketbooks. I can't stand on heels. I trip on my own feet at times. I'm quite clumsy. I can live in an Arcade. I still read fairy tales. I still talk with my mouth full. And I'm naturally loud and talkative.
But with all these, I don't see anything wrong with it. Because truth be told, I like being a child. I understand it when people say that I should act my age. But then again, I do act my age. It doesn't necessarily mean that if you do what little children do, you're automatically childish. And it also doesn't mean that if you do these things when they see you, you're vindicated of doing it at all times.
If I could choose who I'd rather spent my life with, I'll spend it with a child. Children are innocent beings. They're frank. Unlike adults who perceive acting "maturely" but turns out to be otherwise. I have a lot to rant about people who always tells me to be mature i.e. stop acting like a child. Why would I stop? I am a child. I don't act like one. I am one. And since when did immaturity become tantamount on acting like a child? As far as I have observed, children tend to be more mature than adults. There is nothing more mature than being real. Perfection and fulfillment of societal norms are not equated to maturity. Try reading De Saint-Exupery.
I break society's rules. But I don't care. You know why? Because I'm happy.
When I heard Pansit's words, I stopped talking for a while.
I played tag with a friend last night. Under the cloudy evening sky. Some passers-by were looking at us. But we didn't care. We're happy. If they find happiness in watching us, then let them be. Everybody happy! I wonder what would they think if they found out that we played "chicken2x" and doodled anime characters on paper the whole afternoon. But on the other side of the coin, we're just improving our talents. Haha! And tag is a good form of exercise, anyway. :p
Speaking of tags, I've been tagged by Romina.
10 Things I Want to Do Before I Die
1. Make a name. We'd all die. But wouldn't it be nice if our legacy would live on, ages after our death? Now that's immortality.
2. Do extreme sports. Bungee jump. Sky dive. You name it.
3. Tour the world. Visit all continents. That's always been my dream.
4. Make a scrapbook or video. About everything I love about life.
5. Write a book. It can be a compilation of my favorite quotations, some insights about life, some people I look up to, some of my wacky thoughts, or probably a list of my favorite blogs. *wink*
6. Have an expedition under the ocean. I often think how fun it is to be a marine biologist.
7. Ride a plane. Okay, this may be quite shocking for some, but I haven't ride a plane yet. *turns red, waits for the ground to open up and swallow me whole*
8. Eat genuine foreign food. How does it feel like to eat paella right in the heart of Madrid? Or have Bouillabaisse in Paris? And even if it sounds quite gross, I'd like to eat Kidney Steak in England with the Queen herself. [The gross part is on the Kidney Steak, not the Queen! You poor fish.]
9. Travel to the Outer Space. Oh yeah! Have I told you I once dreamt of being an astronaut? :)
10. Have a child. I mean, sayang ang genes ko noh! Haha! Told yah, I love children. =p
I'm tagging everyone who wishes to answer this meme and share their dreams. No matter how crazy it may be. :) Happiness is a choice. Because every minute you spend frowning is sixty seconds of happiness you can never get back.
"You're not childish. You're just childlike."Childish and childlike. Sounds the same to me. Before.
According to my online lifesaver, http://dictionary.reference.com, there is a huge difference between childish and childlike. Childishness often has unfavorable connotations, whilst childlikeness is otherwise.
People used to call me childish. Isip-bata. And honestly, I find such people who refer me that way stupid. First point, they can't justify their accusation of the word childish. Or maybe because their lexical definition of such term is way off-target. I'm not isip-bata. I'm kilos-bata. DUH.
Yes, I do act like a child most of the times. I run in broad daylight. I laugh at the corniest joke. I always express my utmost disgust for Tagalog Romance Pocketbooks. I can't stand on heels. I trip on my own feet at times. I'm quite clumsy. I can live in an Arcade. I still read fairy tales. I still talk with my mouth full. And I'm naturally loud and talkative.
But with all these, I don't see anything wrong with it. Because truth be told, I like being a child. I understand it when people say that I should act my age. But then again, I do act my age. It doesn't necessarily mean that if you do what little children do, you're automatically childish. And it also doesn't mean that if you do these things when they see you, you're vindicated of doing it at all times.
"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."
[Matthew 18:3-4]
I break society's rules. But I don't care. You know why? Because I'm happy.
When I heard Pansit's words, I stopped talking for a while.
"A running boy is inside every man, no matter how old he gets."I quoted this from Mitch Albom's The Five People You Meet in Heaven. It is true. We are all children at heart. So it doesn't really matter if you're open about it. Right?
I played tag with a friend last night. Under the cloudy evening sky. Some passers-by were looking at us. But we didn't care. We're happy. If they find happiness in watching us, then let them be. Everybody happy! I wonder what would they think if they found out that we played "chicken2x" and doodled anime characters on paper the whole afternoon. But on the other side of the coin, we're just improving our talents. Haha! And tag is a good form of exercise, anyway. :p
Speaking of tags, I've been tagged by Romina.
10 Things I Want to Do Before I Die
1. Make a name. We'd all die. But wouldn't it be nice if our legacy would live on, ages after our death? Now that's immortality.
2. Do extreme sports. Bungee jump. Sky dive. You name it.
3. Tour the world. Visit all continents. That's always been my dream.
4. Make a scrapbook or video. About everything I love about life.
5. Write a book. It can be a compilation of my favorite quotations, some insights about life, some people I look up to, some of my wacky thoughts, or probably a list of my favorite blogs. *wink*
6. Have an expedition under the ocean. I often think how fun it is to be a marine biologist.
7. Ride a plane. Okay, this may be quite shocking for some, but I haven't ride a plane yet. *turns red, waits for the ground to open up and swallow me whole*
8. Eat genuine foreign food. How does it feel like to eat paella right in the heart of Madrid? Or have Bouillabaisse in Paris? And even if it sounds quite gross, I'd like to eat Kidney Steak in England with the Queen herself. [The gross part is on the Kidney Steak, not the Queen! You poor fish.]
9. Travel to the Outer Space. Oh yeah! Have I told you I once dreamt of being an astronaut? :)
10. Have a child. I mean, sayang ang genes ko noh! Haha! Told yah, I love children. =p
I'm tagging everyone who wishes to answer this meme and share their dreams. No matter how crazy it may be. :) Happiness is a choice. Because every minute you spend frowning is sixty seconds of happiness you can never get back.
10 comments:
*claps*
dont worry they call me "bata" sometimes... i dont know if its my height, or because i dont go out that much like they do (parties and all) and i dont mind. although sometimes it bothers me a bit.
youre right about this part. adults act maturely... but the choices they make are justtt.. ermm never mind. this looks like a nice tag.. ill do it.. one of these days. :) have a nice day!
We all have our inner child. I mean, we were all a child once. So unleashing that out shouldn't be anyone's problem.
Ooooh, I love the last line of your post. Happiness is just...there. We just have to see it.
di rin ako maarte sa food. utak pa ba yan ng anong hayop deal, basta luto. ;)
sarap mag-extreme sport siguro no.
belated nga pala. :) waaah gone are my teenage days. enjoy ka.
of course, di mawawala ang child deep inside ourselves. :) i've always believed that whatever a person says, does, wears, will all be bypassed because they CAN BE BYPASSED because what should matter is the choices they make...because that's what defines them. :)
dyan nasusukat ang maturity for me. :)
hindi ka ngiisa.hehe!
they always say i look young with my age coz the way i act talagang bata pa. but i love it..and i enjoy it and on that way i feel happy. tsaka dahil na rin siguro na binibaby ako ng bagong dad ko and the whole family sees me like im still a baby kahit 25 nako.haha! minsan nga kakainis na kasi parang ayaw nilang maniwala sakin dahil alam nila im still a child. but i love being like one. sarap eh! bakit nga yung iba..matanda na.ngpapakabata pa. ampf! yun ang masakit.haha!
hey...i really love kids! sooobra...
take care always..mwahugs..
10. Have a child. I mean, sayang ang genes ko noh! Haha! Told yah, I love children.
tama nga ka.....so you have a Child someday....they are our Profit that nobody can take it or loser or winner...
ay oo nga anybody can take it, when nagpakasal na sila....lol
thanks for sharing....
oo nga: And I'm naturally LOUD and TALKATIVE.
ako rin....loud n talkative....ayoko kasi yon plastican...but not to be self-centered....
ay oo nga, ako rin act parang bata...pero isip matanda....
or parang bata idea, pero matanda na ako....idad lang.-...(age)
thanks for sharing...
and thank you too, for visiting me and my post too.....
thank you and have a nice weekend, BAM.
hay naku bam, ano na lang kaya ako?
i've been taunted too many times about being a kid and stuff.
they want me to change.
i mean, i could change. but not for them.
kewl tag, makiki-epal rin ako dyan next time. hehe :D
kamusta ka na?
Wow, you do write a lot if it wasn't because my head was hurting I'd write more.
And, eh, I'm still like that, and I hope I always stay like this, since I'm still 16 I'm afraid of dumping my past and becoming mature. That's why I still do what I love and not care what anyone else might think about it.
Those 10 things were one of the corniest I ever read, but cool at the same time. I'll give a lil' commentary.
1. Yep, I'm planning becoming as famous as, umm... Alber Einstein. I think he's known everywhere. I was going to say Bill Gates but some people don't know about him.
2. Haha, I'd love to join you, maybe not so much about bungee jumping since I'd rather sky dive eventhough some people might think it's safer.
3. I can't say I want to visit every continent but I'd love to get a spec of many cultures around the world.
4. A video is kind of hard to do, espcially since you'll keep liking new things. So you should go with the scrapbook so you can keep adding things.
5. Lol, well I like that idea of whacky thoughts. I'd wanted to do that a bit sort of to just get them out there, and make people see the way I think while having a great time laughing.
6. My dad wanted to be a marine biologist for some time but he had to move to Europe for the scholarship and he didn't want to leave me and my mom behind. Though he still had to but for the US, my mom told him it was worth it. Getting back to the subject here, I go underwater fishing with my dad, it's pretty cool under your ear pops, lol.
7. Haha, I see. There's nothing much exciting about a plane, except you'll always want something to chew on since it's pretty annoying having to hear everything pretty low, and it just bothers the ear. I love the peanuts XP.
8. Hehe, genuine. (Yep that's it. Surprised?)
9. Actually I never found outer space to be a thrill, except maybe if I was in a giant robot (Gundam). Lol, I also wanted to try walking in zero gravity and some other fun things. I also like the technology in space it's not as Sci-Fi as some people think but it's pretty cool.
10. Hehe <.<;
@ Tina: hehe.. pareha kayo ng sinabi ng friend kong si pam. :)
@ Ate Vicki: Thanks for visiting. :)
@ AMi: Food trip tayo minsan. :p
@ Hikaru: haha! you can make your own blog. :) i'd love to read it. it;s not that difficult to maintain anyway. :)
Post a Comment