Saying that I hate assuming would be the understatement of the year.
You see, I believe that the human brain is one of the most amazing thing in the world. Its capability is beyond comprehension. It does not only gather about the physical facts but is also capable of IMAGINATION. If there is one weapon that we should all fear about, it is our BRAIN. The central unit of our body. You stop it, and you die.
The brain is full of mystery that a lot of sciences has been created in order to understand its full capacity. But what is more to this little piece of meat, perhaps we could never understand. It is powerful. It create things. Whether it be good or bad. Oh yes, our brain helps. But it also destroys. Especially if we are swayed by our judgment. This part which should be capable of RATIONALIZING and putting SENSE is then put to question. Is human emotion more powerful than the brain because it could push thinking aside?
Partly yes, if you're hurt, you can't tell your eyes to stop crying. You can't switch your brain to a certain mode so it can hinder those tear glands. But then again, isn't the hypothalamus located in the brain in itself? Isn't it our brain who reacts through certain stimuli that makes us capable of feeling the hurt?
If so, then the brain really is the master in command of our whole system. And to get back to the topic, how is this in any way connected to the presence of assumptions?
See, the brain is so powerful, so creative, so imaginative, that we can't control it. The only thing that could affect its mental process is the existence of our emotions. Our brain creates this emotions, but at times, the emotions overflow that we lose track of our sensibility. Because of this emotions, the brain's IMAGINATIVE prowess is heightened.
And with this hyper-active imagination, the human mind creates its own sense of truth. Truth which is basically off-set the REAL TRUTH. Take for example, you see your prim and proper colleague walking in the park at half-past midnight with a man you've never seen before. They are extremely close with each other as if their midriffs were glued together. They were talking in hushed voices. Afterwards, you saw them entering a hotel.
So there, what will you conclude? Will you say that your colleague is such a bitch that she dares walk in the park with some stranger and then they end up their tryst in a cozy hotel? See? The wonders of the human brain. It makes you an instant scriptwriter or some sort.
But then, that is YOUR side of the story. What if the man your colleague is talking to is her brother? A brother whom she haven't seen for years? And that she is escorting him to his hotel? Or what if that was her father? Who just got off from jail? And they are discussing things in low voices to avoid the invisible ears.
It's a different viewpoint. But all from the same scene. So you see... It's funny how some people think they know EVERYTHING but the truth is they really don't know ANYTHING at all. And what's worse is that they would threaten you that they know something you don't know that they know even if they aren't really sure if what they know is really the truth. And to make themselves sure that what they know is true, they affirm their opinion with THEMSELVES and they think that is enough.
All assumptions. But it ends up ruining other people's lives. And after the chaos and the REAL affirmations, everything is not really done for. Dignity is like your favorite white shirt. If it gets stained with something, the dirt can still be washed off. But afterwards, you will never let your shirt get near THAT SOMETHING which stained it.
Yes, assumptions are part of life but will you, by any chance, want people to judge you because of a mere assumption?
If you'll ask me, I won't.
PS. (This is in no way connected with my post, I just want to blab about it. Hehe.)I finally met my 'TWIN'. I first blogged about her on the Ateneo Fiesta Day 1. Her name is Ivy Jagna. And we're dorm mates. :)
You see, I believe that the human brain is one of the most amazing thing in the world. Its capability is beyond comprehension. It does not only gather about the physical facts but is also capable of IMAGINATION. If there is one weapon that we should all fear about, it is our BRAIN. The central unit of our body. You stop it, and you die.
The brain is full of mystery that a lot of sciences has been created in order to understand its full capacity. But what is more to this little piece of meat, perhaps we could never understand. It is powerful. It create things. Whether it be good or bad. Oh yes, our brain helps. But it also destroys. Especially if we are swayed by our judgment. This part which should be capable of RATIONALIZING and putting SENSE is then put to question. Is human emotion more powerful than the brain because it could push thinking aside?
Partly yes, if you're hurt, you can't tell your eyes to stop crying. You can't switch your brain to a certain mode so it can hinder those tear glands. But then again, isn't the hypothalamus located in the brain in itself? Isn't it our brain who reacts through certain stimuli that makes us capable of feeling the hurt?
If so, then the brain really is the master in command of our whole system. And to get back to the topic, how is this in any way connected to the presence of assumptions?
See, the brain is so powerful, so creative, so imaginative, that we can't control it. The only thing that could affect its mental process is the existence of our emotions. Our brain creates this emotions, but at times, the emotions overflow that we lose track of our sensibility. Because of this emotions, the brain's IMAGINATIVE prowess is heightened.
And with this hyper-active imagination, the human mind creates its own sense of truth. Truth which is basically off-set the REAL TRUTH. Take for example, you see your prim and proper colleague walking in the park at half-past midnight with a man you've never seen before. They are extremely close with each other as if their midriffs were glued together. They were talking in hushed voices. Afterwards, you saw them entering a hotel.
So there, what will you conclude? Will you say that your colleague is such a bitch that she dares walk in the park with some stranger and then they end up their tryst in a cozy hotel? See? The wonders of the human brain. It makes you an instant scriptwriter or some sort.
But then, that is YOUR side of the story. What if the man your colleague is talking to is her brother? A brother whom she haven't seen for years? And that she is escorting him to his hotel? Or what if that was her father? Who just got off from jail? And they are discussing things in low voices to avoid the invisible ears.
It's a different viewpoint. But all from the same scene. So you see... It's funny how some people think they know EVERYTHING but the truth is they really don't know ANYTHING at all. And what's worse is that they would threaten you that they know something you don't know that they know even if they aren't really sure if what they know is really the truth. And to make themselves sure that what they know is true, they affirm their opinion with THEMSELVES and they think that is enough.
All assumptions. But it ends up ruining other people's lives. And after the chaos and the REAL affirmations, everything is not really done for. Dignity is like your favorite white shirt. If it gets stained with something, the dirt can still be washed off. But afterwards, you will never let your shirt get near THAT SOMETHING which stained it.
Yes, assumptions are part of life but will you, by any chance, want people to judge you because of a mere assumption?
If you'll ask me, I won't.
PS. (This is in no way connected with my post, I just want to blab about it. Hehe.)I finally met my 'TWIN'. I first blogged about her on the Ateneo Fiesta Day 1. Her name is Ivy Jagna. And we're dorm mates. :)
10 comments:
pag -online kaya sa YM noh para mag storya tah. amew. hehe
thanks for the comment. rakenroll!
"Partly yes, if you're hurt, you can't tell your eyes to stop crying. You can't switch your brain to a certain mode so it can hinder those tear glands. But then again, isn't the hypothalamus located in the brain in itself? Isn't it our brain who reacts through certain stimuli that makes us capable of feeling the hurt?"
maybe i'm not normal, coz when i get hurt it's not that obvious. hirap i-explain. to make it short, i can't cry. ewan.
i hate assumptions too, pati uicians and pwcians. hahaha :D
assumptions really ruin peoples lives. ewan ko ba. somethimes I really get paranoid about some things pero i realized na dapat itigil na. haha.
galing galing. eye-opener. :D
Well IMO I wouldn't really care what colleague is doing, Lol. But if I did then I'd probably follow them to make sure. I always wanted to be a detective when I was a lil kid. Some people used to call me "chismoso" which is like being nosy in english. But I wasn't all over into people's business because I didn't tell anyone, it's just my own curiosity.
Oh, even if personally is the muscle that controls all, I think even the emotions even if inside controls more than the brain itself. If you think real hard your feelings are always controlling you more than your brain, even if it's the brain that's doing the work. For example, if you're so terrified that you can't move. The brain makes you that you can't move but your feelings of being scared are the ones telling your brain not to move.
While everyone assumes about very small unimportant things, jumping into conclusions like that can be problematic. Jumping into conclusions too early is a big problem and I do hate it, though I also hate when people can't assume small obvious things. Though, personally, I love deducting. Possibly one of the most important skills a detective should have, but if not well mastered it can cause some serious problems. Jumping into conclusions based on different facts and putting them together. Though it sounds almost the same thing as assumption, I believe it isn't.
When I move to Japan I plan on getting a Private Investigator's licence. Even if I barely use it Lol. The only requirement is age and I always wanted to be a detective ;D so I'll be happy, but of course I need to get a shiny badge XP. I might also get some spy toys :D
Well that's it XP.
well, we all assume and presume. and sometimes, it gets the better of us. some people are just... people... i guess. you should watch Little Miss Sunshine, and tell them all to ****. haha. why am i saying this anyway? uhmm.. just go check my review about the flick @ http://catchmeafirefly.multiply.com/reviews.
and yes, the brain is powerful. it controls even our emotions. it feels like a cold oatmeal meal (hope you got the point) on your hands, but wonder of all wonders, the brain doesn't feel pain. hehe. :)
can we link exchange? greed.blogsome.com
jeremy..
whenever you assume, you make an ASS of U and ME. :P
I'm still arranging my thoughts. Wow, that was pretty heavy. I don't know, the post seems to contain scientific basis, but it also gives off the vibe that half of it are just presumptions based on the scientific basis.
Sooo there. The brain, as it is, is just a piece of meat in our body. You could not even say that you are your brain, right? Basta, ang hirap i-explain. LOL.
'if there's one weapon we should fear, its our BRAIN'
specifically our power of REASONING.Ü
"Partly yes, if you're hurt, you can't tell your eyes to stop crying. You can't switch your brain to a certain mode so it can hinder those tear glands. But then again, isn't the hypothalamus located in the brain in itself? Isn't it our brain who reacts through certain stimuli that makes us capable of feeling the hurt?"
I think I can. Because I react differently under different circumstances. I mean, when I'm with people I am not so close with, I don't cry, No matter how strong the urge is. But when I'm with people I consider dear, I easily cry andf I cry a LOT kahit kababawan lang. Weird right?
Most of the time, I make assumptions but I never share them. Unlike those tattletales. Part of human nature na siguro ang mag formulate ng assumption. Siguro ang dapat lang nating iwasan eh ang manghusga ng tao through that.
Post a Comment