Monday, February 11, 2008

At dahil Buwan ng Mga Puso...

Para ito sa mga nagmahal, nagmamahal, magmamahal pa. Para sa lumuha at lumuluha. Para sa naiwan at nang-iwan. Para kay Ninay. At kay Jrr.)

Apat na buwan at mga patak ng luha


Four months
After I first saw you.
You, with your goofy smile.
You, standing near the counter
of the convenience store.
Looking at me with curious eyes.
I knew right there and then.
I had fallen.

It was four months
of sweet company.
I, waking up early so I would
be the first one to greet you
good morning.
I, walking with you home.
Funny.
I don't really like waking up early
and walking.
But I like doing them for you.

Four months
happened unlike any other
stories I've known.
My memories are filled of you
and me
watching mounds of dvd,
sharing jokes only the
two us find funny,
pinching your arms, squeezing your hand.
Even without constant reminders
And even if w don't look like lovers,
We know.
We love.

Four months
of being with you.
I feel nothing of those feelings
romance novels narrate.
No fast heartbeats, no tingling sensation everytime we touch,
no green-eyed moments.
No euphoria.
Just happy. Contented.
REAL. Alive.

Four months.
A complete season.
You ask me about a song you like.
I sing them for you, and
you smile broadly.
Our pen and paper sketches
remind me how our lives touched.
Not like knots tied tightly together,
but like the steady trace of ink
on paper.
Lightly,
but permanently etched.

For a quarter of a year,
I haven't realized
that I loved like I never had before.
Love without realizing it
until it hurts.
It scars.

I don't want to.
But I need to.
I need to fight the urge of talking to you.
Stop before I retrace my steps back to you.

Four months are over.
I feel my heart losing its pace.
You look at me
Through misty eyes.

You're so beautiful it's so hard to say goodbye.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi bam.. nice poem you have here. Happy Valentine's!

Anonymous said...

I like the format you used for the poem, it's really nice. I'm sorry you have to say goodbye to your friend if it's true I mean. I don't know why else you would write this. Don't let anything get you so down D; let it hurt cry what you want if you have to but move on :]. Nothing in life is worth getting down for, for a long time, just let it all out and get back up.

Vk-mahalkaayo said...

hi bam,

kumusta na kayo,
ang tagal ko ng hindi naka bisita dito,

i say only, kumusta and Hello....

regards

B said...

@tina: aww, thanks tin. :D valentines is Singles Awareness Day :))

@blade: thanks for the concern but don't worry, the poem doesn't have anything to do with me. :D it's for a friend. she just broke up with her boyfriend and i'm writing this in the perspective of the boy :D

@ate vicky: haha oo nga! ayos naman ako. ikaw? ingat po palagi :)