Monday, July 13, 2009

I am the biggest loser I know

If I can't read half of the books in this list within a year, I'd kill myself. And I'll be bringing you with me. So help me find a copy, NOW.

To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
Animal Farm - George Owell
Ulysses - James Joyce
The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck
East of Eden - John Steinbeck
Gone With the Wind - Margaret Mitchell
Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy

The Sound and the Fury - William Faulkner
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Ken Kessey
The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
Moby Dick - Herman Melville
A Farewell to Arms - Ernest Hemingway
Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier
Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway
The Unbearable Lightness of Being - Milan Kundera
I, Claudius - Robert Graves
The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
To the Lighthouse - Virginia Woolf
1984 - George Orwell
Death Comes for the Archbishop - Willa Cather
Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit - Jeanette Winterson
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings - Maya Angelou
The Color Purple - Alice Walker
Neuromancer - William Gibson
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon
The God of Small Things - Arundhati Roy
Perfume - Patrick Suskind
Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury
The World According to Garp - John Irving
Invisible Man - Ralph Ellison
Mrs Dalloway - Virginia Woolf

Yes, old-school fiction, yo. Because I can't believe that I've lasted two decades without reading ANY OF THOSE CLASSICS.

PS. to the person who "borrowed" my Midnight's Children and Andersen's Fairy Tales, I will look for you and gas you (and your family) to death unless you return that to me. I'm going home this December and I expect my books to welcome me before you do. Okay? OKAY.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yung first na book may nakita ako sa NBS arond 300 i think..

me ipahiram ako sayo na book betch..

nice maxado ^_^

di ko pa xa natapos basahin..

Life of Pi :)

B said...

LIFE OF PI?!
Cool! I've heard of that na. Sige daw beh, paborrow. :D

Your New PR Girl said...

dai, try ebooks. :)

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read the article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

B said...

@bru: pero wla man akong laptop bru. luha luha luha i wanna read a book while I'm staying at the beach :D

@anonymous: err.. hi! haha ^^;