Friday, July 17, 2009

Eyelids Ranting

"Dear 3AM,we have got to stop meeting this way. I’d much rather sleep with you."


I’m giving myself 15 minutes before I shut my eye and catch up with the bus to Dreamland. I am seriously hoping that I’ll get bored typing what I want to write here so that Morpheus’ invisible slumber-army would eventually creep on my problematic, S-shaped, scoliosis-friendly spine and would then lull my hyperactive eyelids to sleep.

So anyway, this short, and hopefully precise, post is for those asking why am I suddenly very active in blogspot.


Granting that you are a friend, you probably know by now that I’m a thousand nautical miles away from the archipelago of the Philippines. And, being in the quasi-fourth-world nation that cradled the Saffron Revolution, the generous government decided that it would be for the greater good (of their kind) that they ban blogspot. Not to mention Flickr, YouTube, Friendster Messages, YahooMail, and a thousand other sites. (YAY! FAIL!) Thus, I can’t access my beloved site and was then coerced to create another avenue for my raging thoughts.

But by some glorious turn of events, I discovered the wonderful world of vtunnel. Ta-da! Proxies to save the day!

After weeks of blogspot-deprivation, I realized a lot of things. In as much as I will miss using the url of my wordpress account which I, being the pathetic show off that I am, believes to be a clear indicator of my ever-brilliant wit, my heart will always go back to blogspot. For one, I've missed the blogspot blogpad. There really is something with this ugly pad that purges my half-frozen braincells to write. As you can see, my writing has been pegged down to zero as micro-blogging sites basically sucked out all that is left of the writer in me. I am now reduced to writing one-liners that would bore the hell out of any ADHD-positive child. Two, I have too FEW a-post for the year 2009! Wow, talk about virtual cobwebs. And lastly, I realized how much effort I gave in designing the lay-out of this blog. I, Bam the Great, goddess of laziness and procrastination who actually managed to pull a decent-looking layout only to be NEGLECTED AND IGNORED by my own putrid self is something my alter-ego could not allow. Excuse me for a second while I strangle myself.

My blogspot experience isn't as perfect as before though. I can't access blogpages supported by the old lay-out, I can't edit my bloglinks, JAVA software is not working, and pop-ups are still banned. Nevertheless, this is better than nothing.

Anyway, it’s 3:15 already. I still have a desktop-ful of documents to finish tomorrow. I will now force myself to sleep. Good morning!



2 comments:

francis ko said...

yey...balik na u...galeng..
lingaw lagi ning experience nimo as volunteer...(wla gud ko kabalo na nagvolunteer diay ka..hehehe..)

B said...

hehe, lingaw btaw. maski papano :D
o? wla ka kabalo? abi nimo diri nako magpuyo forever? hehehe