Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Shames and Hears (A Summary of the 14th MPDC)

Shame, Shame

~ to Ateneo de Davao University and the failure to give just compensation to the poor Ateneo Debate Community
~ San Francisco and its bumpy roads. I have to pick up my scattered brain cells after the ride.
~ I-Felt-Cheated Restaurant (later changed to I-Won't-Eat/I-Won't-Be-Cheated-Again Carenderia) and its 50Php Viand WITHOUT rice. Add 10Php to receive a spoonful of rice. I will never curse PENONG's and Yellow Cab again. SWEAR.
~ Butuan City and its orange tricycles with the big, white BUTUAN CITY painted on its "forehead". As if we don't know where we're at.
~ Butuan Luxury Hotel (Welcome to the Red Light District) with all the nightclubs bordering it.
~ to the hardworking Pimps who welcomed us with "Sige na sir, sandali lang. Mura lang. Mga Bata pa yun."
~ Father Saturnino Urios University. Shame on the food served. Honestly. Shame to the SCARCITY of KEKS! (Hay Meeks, hear, hear!). And the creaking AVR chairs. Very Scandalous.
~ Adjudication Exam. You figure it out.
~ New Debate Constitution! "No adjudicator should adj a debate with a team of the same institution as theirs." What about the QUARTER-FINALS? Is it our fault that --- Karla, finish my sentence.
~ horrid debate rounds. I miss nose-bleeding. I really did.
~ "Jurrasic" adjes of "some" schools whose oral adjudications are like "climbing a mountain of jellyace". How on earth did they pass the Adj Exam? SHAFTing from the spirit of adjing. Btw, do they know what SHAFT means? *flashback Kuya Abdel's speech about Extra-terrestrial adjes* They are AQUATIC. They have same-size brains as Starfishes. Wait, do STARFISHES HAVE BRAINS?
~ Reggae Night. Poor bands. They are quite good, anyway. Shame, shame for my kindness and staying even though we were the only persons left in the grounds.
~ Chaotic Round-ups. Worse. META-third world [line borrowed from Karla].
~ Sitting-out and Capping during the quarters. Grr. Is it our fault that ---? Mark, you know what to do.
~ to Tine, Akeem, James, Mark and Kuya JB for making "laag" to the pseudo-mall without telling me. T.T Kaluoy nako.
~ inability of "some" people to grasp Inside Jokes. Can you just at least PRETEND that you have brains? It's only for FOUR minutes.
~ to the Directory. Invasion of privacy!
~ Jollibee and the invisible water station.
~ to the idea of "straightness". Honestly! Carl Jung believes that everyone is born bisexual. But you're not Jung, so I'll just shut my humongous, stupid mouth.
~ country music played on the bus on the way home. Much to the delight of Kuya JB and his obsolete perspectives. Hehe.
~ to admit, but there are some Hear, hears for the 14th MPDC. Don't ask why the list is quite short.


Hear, Hear

~ BEAUTIFUL songs on the way to Butuan.
~ PIE for lending me her eardrums.
~ the pretty --- err, gorgeous Sharmila and "hot" (accdg to *****) Kuya Allan. Hehe.
~ the status and prestige brought by the name ADDU.
~ IDs and Envelopes. I love it. I think that's the only thing that I loved.
~ free ballpens. Weee!
~ to the poor trees who sacrificed their lives for the paper used in the totally worthless FOOD stabs.
~ for the GREAT ADDU debaters *applause* for their magnificent ability to react from the shallowest, corniest jokes to the most complex kind of inside jokes. Thanks a lot.
~ Silent Rounds. Appreciated, at last. Although, I really, really, REALLY want to orally adjudicate that round. *evil smile*
~ to the Ateneo teams for breaking in. KUDOS people!
~ to the terms: Check & Balances, Arbiters, Umbrellas, Banner-Statements, Meta and Pseudo. I MISSED THEM!
~ HBO for saving me from the deadly pangs of boredom. WHITE CHICKS to the rescue.
~ Ate Marge's Cookie's and Cream Blouse, Tine's pseudo-black skirt, and Karla's Empowering earrings.
~ to Robert Frost. THBT You Say it Best When You Say Nothing At All.
~ ADDU Champions for a nose-bleeding final round and for bringing home the bacon. The trophy is finally ours.
~ to Sir Rex. *bow* No Comments.
~ Samurai Jack of Cartoon Network. The best place for unforgettable quotations. I wonder if they watch Powerpuff Girls?
~ to OUR room (room of the three youngest, most innocent girls of ADC who had been exploited recently) for being able to occupy fifteen alcoholic debaters and a former-Philosophy Division Chairperson. List includes an alcohol-thirsty Chinese Girl and an Easily-Knocked-Out Ignatian Chief Adjudicator.
~ to the Thank-God-I'm-Not-Cheated Restaurant/Videoke and its ability to transform into a nightclub as the clock chimes to midnight. The voices in my head are still debating whether the one who sang "Memory" [pronounced as MEE-MOW-REY] is actually Manny Pacquiao.
~ Hear, Hear DAVAO CITY! Home at last.

No comments: