Waking up my artistic side isn't bad afterall.
Last Saturday, the SYMMETRY OF SPIRIT Art Exhibit opened in Mandaya Hotel. It highlighted the Gender Sensitivity Issue as the artworks showcased in the said event were made by women.
We saw Ma'am Erika there. She interviewed us for RPN and I really did a great job of humiliating myself on air. Why on earth did I talked abut Mindanao Culture? Mygedness. I'm such a dunce.
I think I'll have to censor the word media in my present stage. Last Friday, we have to cancel our Engl23 reporting to attend a MEDIA political awareness forum in F213. The McLuhan what-have-you thing-y. The Canadian Ambassador graced the said event. And yeah, the "cultured" students of Ateneo were forced to act super-duper nice for His Excellency. We were told to stand up when greeting, politely clap at certain point, and sing the National Anthem.
Speaking of the National Anthem, the sound system guy must have cracked his nuts when he played the song. Everyone else was too pre-occupied with the LCD projector rather than sing. So it was of no use. Hehe.
They also played the Canadian National Anthem in a minus-one version. Kim and me amused ourselves by guessing the title of the song since the emcee forgot to name it.
All for pure fun and no racial privelege whatsoever, we considered the following promising titles:
- Come Ye, Let's Gulp Maple Syrup
- Land of the Lost Hoohas
- Can You Do, Can Ya Da, CANADA!
(Note: You can share some brilliant ideas for titles at the Comment Box)
Oooh.. Seems like the words ARTS and MEDIA are manipulating my circulatory system these days.
-----
And I'm nominated again this week for the Filipino Blog of the week. Weeeh. ^^ Avy nominated me last time. Maybe she thought it would be funny if a blabbering eyebrow could at least take a bow on spotlight. Haha!
That was my first time anyway, and I think being nominated is enough.^^ As Lotty once said, "Can I put it in my Transcript of Records?". I know he is being sarcastic as always so I shot back, " Of course not, but it acts as an official seal of recognition. "
Forget about self-righteousness. Who wouldn't want to be appreciated anyway?
Last Saturday, the SYMMETRY OF SPIRIT Art Exhibit opened in Mandaya Hotel. It highlighted the Gender Sensitivity Issue as the artworks showcased in the said event were made by women.
We saw Ma'am Erika there. She interviewed us for RPN and I really did a great job of humiliating myself on air. Why on earth did I talked abut Mindanao Culture? Mygedness. I'm such a dunce.
I think I'll have to censor the word media in my present stage. Last Friday, we have to cancel our Engl23 reporting to attend a MEDIA political awareness forum in F213. The McLuhan what-have-you thing-y. The Canadian Ambassador graced the said event. And yeah, the "cultured" students of Ateneo were forced to act super-duper nice for His Excellency. We were told to stand up when greeting, politely clap at certain point, and sing the National Anthem.
Speaking of the National Anthem, the sound system guy must have cracked his nuts when he played the song. Everyone else was too pre-occupied with the LCD projector rather than sing. So it was of no use. Hehe.
They also played the Canadian National Anthem in a minus-one version. Kim and me amused ourselves by guessing the title of the song since the emcee forgot to name it.
All for pure fun and no racial privelege whatsoever, we considered the following promising titles:
- Come Ye, Let's Gulp Maple Syrup
- Land of the Lost Hoohas
- Can You Do, Can Ya Da, CANADA!
(Note: You can share some brilliant ideas for titles at the Comment Box)
Oooh.. Seems like the words ARTS and MEDIA are manipulating my circulatory system these days.
-----
And I'm nominated again this week for the Filipino Blog of the week. Weeeh. ^^ Avy nominated me last time. Maybe she thought it would be funny if a blabbering eyebrow could at least take a bow on spotlight. Haha!
That was my first time anyway, and I think being nominated is enough.^^ As Lotty once said, "Can I put it in my Transcript of Records?". I know he is being sarcastic as always so I shot back, " Of course not, but it acts as an official seal of recognition. "
Forget about self-righteousness. Who wouldn't want to be appreciated anyway?
2 comments:
nice one! (about trying to guess the title)
nyahaha. YOu guys are naughty! :P
oi.. get your prize at mr. talksmart's blog.. save as lang tung 2nd placer pic sa Pinoy blog skemamu.. ^_^
oh. wait.. ako nlng himo wet wet wet..
Post a Comment