I'm worshipping Lucy Maud Montgomery.
The author of the infamous Anne of the Green Gables. I am now riding in a classical bandwagon. But, unlike other fans, I'm drooling over EMILY OF NEW MOON.
Karla lent me some of her paperback books last week. I read all of them except Emily. Karla gave all-thumbs for this novel. She blabbed about me RELATING to the character and everything. So, I'm saving the BEST FOR LAST.
And I DID love Emily! For some reasons like the following:
~ A sprinkle of flowery words. It jerked up "the flash" in my literary/writing career. Haha!
~ The story is anything but juvenile.
~ Pageturner! I read it for four hours straight! I'm literally nurturing my eyebags still I can't put the damn book down!
~ Flawless use of witty language.
~ Emily and me are sooooo totally alike in many ways. Like, her father died, she loves cats, she doesn't want a beau, she's sooooo damn sarcastic, she thinks old for her age, she loves nature and boy is she proud!
~ Some characters are also worth relating to, like Aunt Elizabeth. She is so like my dear grandmother. Strict. Unpredictable.
I can't wait to read the other Emily books. And I might as well start the Anne series.
Oh books. Divine creations. Who says we don't need them?^^
The author of the infamous Anne of the Green Gables. I am now riding in a classical bandwagon. But, unlike other fans, I'm drooling over EMILY OF NEW MOON.
Karla lent me some of her paperback books last week. I read all of them except Emily. Karla gave all-thumbs for this novel. She blabbed about me RELATING to the character and everything. So, I'm saving the BEST FOR LAST.
And I DID love Emily! For some reasons like the following:
~ A sprinkle of flowery words. It jerked up "the flash" in my literary/writing career. Haha!
~ The story is anything but juvenile.
~ Pageturner! I read it for four hours straight! I'm literally nurturing my eyebags still I can't put the damn book down!
~ Flawless use of witty language.
~ Emily and me are sooooo totally alike in many ways. Like, her father died, she loves cats, she doesn't want a beau, she's sooooo damn sarcastic, she thinks old for her age, she loves nature and boy is she proud!
~ Some characters are also worth relating to, like Aunt Elizabeth. She is so like my dear grandmother. Strict. Unpredictable.
I can't wait to read the other Emily books. And I might as well start the Anne series.
Oh books. Divine creations. Who says we don't need them?^^
2 comments:
i love anne of green gables better. hehehe..
though, lm motgomery herself admits that her pesonality is more of emily than anne.=)
she made me cry a dozen times in emily alone. that explains how much i love her. :)
Post a Comment