The place to be.
Today, the Ateneo grounds were swept by the invisible manifestation of Fame's power. The joys of being famous.
We had a triple-A today.
The Antigong Agong and the Awitenista.
The Antigong Agong is a musical play which commemorates the fateful day of the Bud Dahu Massacre in Jolo, Sulu. The performers were the descendants of the murdered Tausugs.
It is a requisite for our NSTP class and Ma'am Arcena would slit my throat if I won't watch it. Besides, I already paid the hellish amount of 65Php (that's one Taco and two Burritos!) so I ought to put my money's worth on it.
But then again, one must not speak too soon.
Overall, the play was good. The type wherein you would never be caught in a trance thinking whether Mt Olympus should be in the Philippines or not. The show has twists and "added spices" for the happiness of the audience. Such "spices" includes a "six-packed mega-keks lead star", captivating singer/rehearsal director, brilliant sound effects, and unforgettable gay scenes.
The Ateneans had fun taking pictures and having autographs signed after the play. Tsk. Janine and Jehan were wondering how I managed to climb the planks and stand over the 20ft tall wooden stage in seconds. Such is the product of training with a martial artist for an uncle whose "novice" training includes running along a 2-kilometer shoreline before dawn 24/7, climbing hills and mountains for a weekend "rest", chopping and carrying loads of firewood, and learning Wushu with the aid of a 3-meter whipping stick. Training given to me not after I'm a day older than thirteen.
Jane's supposed-to-be plan is for us to hang out at her boarding house. But then again, it was the AWITENISTA preliminaries.
We were eagerly waiting for Pansit and Liezel's entries. Most of the songs were mediocre. Some were obviously taken from another song. Some had talking frogs for vocalists. And I think one band had a demented Neanderthal for the drums. If it wasn't for Pansit's guitar left in my possession, I might have bred a zillion z's to match the world's population of insects.
Nevertheless, Pansit and Liezel zoomed off to the Finals!^^ Weee! Each ADC member should have an entry next year. To provide checks and balances for Sam's meta-boyband-ish entry. Irk! Somebody turn off the spotlight!
Today, the Ateneo grounds were swept by the invisible manifestation of Fame's power. The joys of being famous.
We had a triple-A today.
The Antigong Agong and the Awitenista.
The Antigong Agong is a musical play which commemorates the fateful day of the Bud Dahu Massacre in Jolo, Sulu. The performers were the descendants of the murdered Tausugs.
It is a requisite for our NSTP class and Ma'am Arcena would slit my throat if I won't watch it. Besides, I already paid the hellish amount of 65Php (that's one Taco and two Burritos!) so I ought to put my money's worth on it.
But then again, one must not speak too soon.
Overall, the play was good. The type wherein you would never be caught in a trance thinking whether Mt Olympus should be in the Philippines or not. The show has twists and "added spices" for the happiness of the audience. Such "spices" includes a "six-packed mega-keks lead star", captivating singer/rehearsal director, brilliant sound effects, and unforgettable gay scenes.
The Ateneans had fun taking pictures and having autographs signed after the play. Tsk. Janine and Jehan were wondering how I managed to climb the planks and stand over the 20ft tall wooden stage in seconds. Such is the product of training with a martial artist for an uncle whose "novice" training includes running along a 2-kilometer shoreline before dawn 24/7, climbing hills and mountains for a weekend "rest", chopping and carrying loads of firewood, and learning Wushu with the aid of a 3-meter whipping stick. Training given to me not after I'm a day older than thirteen.
Jane's supposed-to-be plan is for us to hang out at her boarding house. But then again, it was the AWITENISTA preliminaries.
We were eagerly waiting for Pansit and Liezel's entries. Most of the songs were mediocre. Some were obviously taken from another song. Some had talking frogs for vocalists. And I think one band had a demented Neanderthal for the drums. If it wasn't for Pansit's guitar left in my possession, I might have bred a zillion z's to match the world's population of insects.
Nevertheless, Pansit and Liezel zoomed off to the Finals!^^ Weee! Each ADC member should have an entry next year. To provide checks and balances for Sam's meta-boyband-ish entry. Irk! Somebody turn off the spotlight!
3 comments:
Reading your bit on your martial arts training just gave me images of Son Gokou's training with Master Roshi in Dragonball Z. Hehe, wala lang. I'm on a leaf-catching roll!
Hehehe. Pwde rin. Haaay. I remember the days. Hahaha!
Miss ko na tito ko. I'm 13 when he died. T.T
hala! 65?! 50php lang ang bayad namin--dito sa UP...haha!
yeah it was nice. and if weren't for that traitor in the play, we wouldn't have to make a reaction paper for our ling101. boohoo
;p
Post a Comment