Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Everything is getting weirder and WEIRDER.

Tagged by Tina. Through Coercion. Hehe.

RULES:
"Each player of this game starts off with ten weird things or habits or little known facts about yourself. People who get tagged must write in a blog of their own ten weird things or habits or little known facts as well as state this rule clearly. At the end you must choose six people to be tagged and list their names. No tagbacks!"

1. If ANNIHILATING fingertips is a crime, I would have been facing the death penalty by now. Unlike other people who bite their NAILS, I, on the other hand, bite the SKIN on the tip. Or sometimes, I just peel them off. It doesn't hurt or what, but I admit, it IS WEIRD. Honestly, I don't know where this habit came from. It became worse when I had Wendy (my guitar). Since playing guitar toughens the skin of the fingertips, I find it easier (and more enjoyable) to rip them. Hehehe.

2. When I was in my grade school years, I could be the craziest spermologist if you ever saw one. A spermologist, by the way, is a person who collects trivia. Back then, I used to have a notebook where I put in every bit of information I can find. (See what I mean?) I can still remember when Princess Diana died. I was in Grade Three then. During those times, when everybody else is busy playing hopscotch or the ever-famous "dampa", I was on one corner lamenting over the probable instability that may befall the British monarchy because of the said incident. Not quite normal for an eight-year old, huh? I can still recall the time when my classmates and me played PANTS (Place, Animal, Name, Things) together. I almost punched one of them because they won't believe that Papua New Guinea is a place. And there is also a time back in high school when I was ostracized by the class because I kept on badgering everyone about the events of the Trojan War. Today, I don't write trivia as I did before but I still make time to read about interesting news and such.

3. I love taking my shoes off in class. Hahahaha! I'm probably the only person in AdDU who does that. Err.. well, guys do that, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only GIRL who does that. Oh, I know it's not "lady-like". But since when have I been "lady-like"? Besides, I'm more comfortable if I sit cross-legged than the usual slouch-like-a-lazy-student posture.

4. I NEVER (stress never) read my textbooks. I dig atlases and encyclopedias. But textbooks? It's a no-no! I don't understand but I really can't bring myself into reading such things. Why do I have to read if the teacher already lectured it in class?

5. Like Tina, I write everything I like when I read a novel. I have a notebook which contains ALL the sayings/lessons there is on The Five People You Met In Heaven by Mitch Albom.

6. After reading the Da Vinci Code, I became so inspired with Da Vinci's different writing styles that I developed my own too. If Da Vinci can write backwards, I can write backward-upside down. I perfected this stroke for a year. Whenever I get bored in class, I scribble everything that comes to my mind in the back of my notebook using this "calligraphy". A classmate once thought it to be "elvish". Little did she know that it was actually a paragraph describing our teacher's Sahara desert-like forehead.

7. If computer keyboards have voices, it would probably scream at me for hitting the keys hard. Sit near me while I'm typing something and I won't be surprised if you sink down on your knees begging me to spare the keyboard from my cruel fingers. This habit can be traced back to my Harry Potter addiction back in high school. I got sooooooooooo hooked into it that I memorized ALL the spells and incantations there is on the book. I also have a notebook wherein I put all quotes and sayings I liked including the page and paragraph from where it is taken. I used to type in a sloth-like manner, but when I joined a mIRC channel about Harry Potter trivias, my oh-so-crazy typing skills developed. I knew the answers but I always lost because of my slooooooooow typing. So with weeks of practice, I jumped from 16 words to 58 words a minute. And yeah, my name topped the charts. Hehe.

8. The next weird habit may not come as a surprise since people believe that I'm born in this world to talk. Hehe. Yes. I talk to myself, to my shadow, and to my reflection. Especially if I'm on the verge of making a heavy decision or when I'm rationalizing about something. I ALWAYS hear voices debating inside my head. Before I sleep, I recap everything that happened during the day and then I assess the lessons (if there is one). Haha!

9. Half of the pages of my notebooks are drawings or some crazy thing I thought about. Drawings are usually animé characters, bishounens, chibis and others. Or sometimes, I draw landscape. Whatever my pen would get me into. Crazy things include parodies and bastardization of poems and songs. Hehe. Favorite Asylum (featuring Karla) hobby. One of my favorite "works" is how we "re-created" Pablo Neruda's If You Forget Me. The Asylum Version. Adam Sandler's Grow Old With You was another poor victim. This is how Me and Karla "beautified" it.

10. I am the ULTIMATE PHOBIA-BUSTER. Cockroaches? Lizards? Rats? Frogs? Bah! They all have Bam-a-phobia. I hunt them like I hunt trivia. I don't fear them. They FEAR me. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

With all these craziness uncovered, I hope we can still be friends. Hehehe.

Tagged Avy, Karla, Ychel, Tresebry, Mr. Tuesday and Jun.

6 comments:

ychel said...

wow...i guess those things u have written are not weird in fact its kindah amazing tho :P it is weird bcoz maybe not all people does it.hehe!

tnx for the tag and im gonna make it asap..ill try my very best!haha..take care yah!

Anonymous said...

aaargh... why me? :-)
i'll make one, but it will have to take ages. not too long before i run out of people to tag, i hope.

Anonymous said...

grabe na to! eto na naman! na-tag na naman akooooooooooooooooooo. Bahala na si batman! gagawin ko to pag may oras na ako! busy busyhan pa eh! haha! :D

Anonymous said...

and yeah, i tagged you in my own meme, too. hehe. check out "first meme at jun.anteola"

tina said...

Same tayo sa number 2. I have a notebook full of trivia.. and my friends often borrow it in college and we would go "question" ourselves..

Im not sure if I take my shoes off in the class.. but I remember doing it one time or another.. hehehe.. :P well in my case its sandals.. hehe

Same with number 5 hehehe.. :P

Wow you go to trivias in IRC? haha also meee!!! sometimes they would say "hmmp memorize".. nyahaha

Dun worry i talk to myself as well. Bwahahahaa. :P

and I doodle in my notebooks too!! hehehe :P

Anonymous said...

you're tagged at this meme:
http://junanteola.wordpress.com/2007/01/13/first-meme-at-junanteola/