I just passed my Philo Paper. Hahaha! I want to post it here, but it is quite long. 3 pages, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing. And to think that I have meta-small fonts.
It is actually about the integration of our Philosophy articles in the context of the Little Prince. I'll just post the URL to my pseudo-site for all those who aren't afraid of small scrollbars and those who fancies the thought of juxtaposing literature and the human mind. :)
Click here for the link. :)
Basically, I did nothing today but fuss over five chapters on the book Fundamentals of Political Economy. For FIVE hours. Urgh! Headache! And Karla became pseudo-suicidal. Err.. She and Ed has been pestering me yesterday about my intolerable PRIDE.
Just this morning, I realized, Pride has the letter "I" in the middle. Aha! Egoism! Being self-centered. But then again, that is really how things go. PRIDE is essential to being. It is the extension of one's self. If you lose EVERYTHING, the only thing that is left with you is your pride. Pride is tasteless and odorless. But it is the hardest thing to swallow. Giving up your pride is something rare. And you always, always choose the people to whom you offer it.
Because the truth is, everyone is just going to HURT you.
You just have to decide who is WORTH THE PAIN.
It is actually about the integration of our Philosophy articles in the context of the Little Prince. I'll just post the URL to my pseudo-site for all those who aren't afraid of small scrollbars and those who fancies the thought of juxtaposing literature and the human mind. :)
Click here for the link. :)
Basically, I did nothing today but fuss over five chapters on the book Fundamentals of Political Economy. For FIVE hours. Urgh! Headache! And Karla became pseudo-suicidal. Err.. She and Ed has been pestering me yesterday about my intolerable PRIDE.
Just this morning, I realized, Pride has the letter "I" in the middle. Aha! Egoism! Being self-centered. But then again, that is really how things go. PRIDE is essential to being. It is the extension of one's self. If you lose EVERYTHING, the only thing that is left with you is your pride. Pride is tasteless and odorless. But it is the hardest thing to swallow. Giving up your pride is something rare. And you always, always choose the people to whom you offer it.
Because the truth is, everyone is just going to HURT you.
You just have to decide who is WORTH THE PAIN.
10 comments:
wala lang, kung ako ang tatanungin nu sa little prince... aba, wala akong paki jan, basta ang alam ko ai may kinalaman ang little prince sa tinatawag sa philo na intersubjectivity (nonsense for my sense). sa lahat ng nag-undergo ng intro to philo alam nu na yan... sa definition pa lang tapos na ang usapan... inter- relatedness sa maramihan... subjectivity- sa ibat-ibang (tunay) na tao (other people's shoe ika-nga. so un na siguro un.
uyy..bam! miss na din kita. :) this is soo true..."Because the truth is, everyone is just going to HURT you.
You just have to decide who is WORTH THE PAIN."
mubuhay si bam.lolz! tnx for always sharing this words of wisdom.
nice ah.. i read your philo paper. I still have to re-read that book... and get something out of it. I read that like 2 years ago... hehe.
Fundamentals of Political Economy!
Sounds like the kind of book I'd read before going skydiving 'without' a parachute...
Have a great weekend!
yep,its hard to swallow your pride,but if someone deserves it,sure why not?
happy weekend,Bam! :)
wow... writer ka pala...cool...
don't you just LOVE the Little Prince. It's one of the BEST and Profound books of all time. and i love love love. Oh yeah.. and you're essay just reminded me pretty much about so much of the many favorite insights i've gained from all of my past philo classes. haha..
I've read the Little Prince...
...And cannot remember a thing.
That was, I guess, two years ago.
Anyway, I love your point about PRIDE. You know, having pride is a part of our nature. It's impossible that we won't have it.
And swallowing it is giving up a part of ourselves. And as you've already said, it would always be darn hard.
eherm. credits. haha love you bam!
you're such a wise woman.
"I" in th middle... honga no? ooooohhh...@o@
Post a Comment