Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Uber-late report of the Blogger's Party and 300

The First Ever Davao Blogger's Party happened last Saturday. March 17. At Netfront Cafe.




That is one miraculous night. I became a pseudo-wallflower. I decided to cut of the decibels emanating from my vocal chords. Wehehe.. I lost my tongue. Hmm..? What's there to be noisy about anyway? I really can't find an avenue for my talkative-ness as the place is basically filled with yuppies. Uh-huh.

Btw, it was a fun night. I finally met Tina and Jona. Wehehe. Hiya! And Kim and Jun were part of the organizing committee. The food is okay, though the excessive pork stuff did not, in any way, made me happy. I won a Google shirt! I learned about the etymology of Durian. I met saw quite a number of amazing professionals. I learned that Sir Ian is the manager of Netfront. And I slept at their uber-comfy couch while waiting for Kim to finish her internet "duties". Haha! It was cool anyway. Amazingly cool.

Thanks Sir Dominique for the pic. :)

---

I am basically at lost today. I cannot post at the MPDU forum and I am still awestruck after watching the movie 300 TWICE. It promotes Women Empowerment (Oh yeah!) and Tom Wisdom (Astinos) is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cute! Hahahaha! I just can't get over the cinematography, one-liners, and bloody scenes. I LOOOOOVE IT! I can watch it over and over and over again! Whew! *applause*

And yeah, something is very, VERY wrong about my hypothalamus.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hay nako bam! dapat 300 na lang pinanood namin kesa sa Epic Movie! napaka-lame ng Epic movie! haha! pero ok lang, ok naman ung Because I said So eh. haha

Adobobo said...

Sheesh. I feel like I'm the only remaining person who hasn't gushed about 300 yet.

Even the venerable Mac Tiu has watched 300, and he isn't happy with the manner by which the Persians were portrayed in the movie. He said the movie smacks too much of 'Orientalism'(i.e., portraying Asians and Non-Westerns as savages and monsters, viz. the Persian leader guy's excessive face piercings, goth make-up, etc.) Count on Dr. Mac to always lug his "Discourse Analysis" kit wherever he goes.

But he agrees: the visuals were stunning, and the movie was good. =)

ychel said...

aha! i really need to download hat movie..iveheard a lot of humors that its really good! di pa kasi showing dto eh. jlogs!haha..

take care bam! namimis na kita.haha! mwah

tina said...

hehe.... nice meeting you Bam! haha. :P

parang ako na lng din ang di na pa wow ng 300. haven't tried watching it yet.

ehmm.. ano kayo ang nangyayari sa hypothalamus mooo? :P

B said...

Bryan: Hahaha! Kaya nga. nanood man din kami ng epic movie. Masyadong promising yung trailer. Kaya nung isang araw, di ko na talaga pinalampas ang 300. haha!

Mel: hehe.. uu nga. hay nalang si sir talaga. at ginamit pa si Bakhtin at Bhaba. hehe. Ay, sino ba yung orientalism? Nakalimutan ko na. :D

Ychel: haha! ang ganda talaga! amazing. hehe. kung pro-life ka, magdalawang-isip ka muna. hehe.

Tina: my hypothalamus is not working properly. hehe. pero naayos ko na kanina. hehee. watch 300 tina! it is sooo cool! as in! grabeh. hahaha! i just can't stop talking about it. :)

mai said...

well yeah! i love the film too! it's one of the most brilliant films i've ever watched! =)

blog hop po!

Adobobo said...

Sino...yung--sa Orientalism?

{wracking my brains}Aaaugh, I can't remember anymoooore!!! Nooooo!!! My hypothalamus, it's gone as well! Bwahaha! XD

Okay, it's a shame that I had to Google this one: it's Edward Said. Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

nice fellow bloggers meeting :)

Anonymous said...

lol I didn't get to meet Avy. and Kim waaaah long time no see.*melts*

blame me mommy! blame me mommy! ToT

nyahaha