I made an account in TinyLetter.
As I paddle on towards the thirtieth year of my life, I am blessed to have met many wonderful people along the way. Some of them I have only met once. Others, I haven’t even met in person, and yet I have known them for years. Distance is now a concept I am all too familiar with. I bade farewell and have given promises of “let us meet again” one time too many. And, in as much, as I want to, it’s not as easy as it sounds. So while I’m working on keeping those promises, I will let technology do its thing.
If there is one gift technology has given us, it is that distance is no longer an excuse to drift apart. I can be reclusive at times and I may have the tendency to disappear from social media whenever I want to, but it is more of me wanting to be alone “online”. It does not mean I do not like everyone anymore. It just means I need a bit of silence. A space. Or a pause.
I am putting up this tinyletter as my way of reaching out. You do not need to respond (you can, of course, if you want to). It is just my way of letting you know that I am here. Still here. And that while we do not have the luxury of sharing coffee or being together for the time being, the stories do not need to end.
No comments:
Post a Comment