Why do you build me up (build me up)
Buttercup baby, just to let me down (let me down)
And mess me aroundAnd then worst of all (worst of all)
You never call, babyWhen you say you will (say you will)
But I love you stillI need you (I need you)
More than anyone, darling
You know that I have from the start
So build me up (build me up)
Buttercup, but don't break my heart
Whew. Oh how I love that song. *giggles* It's soooooooo cute isn't it? Such an UNDYING song. I don't know but I just like it. It seems so magical that it captures the soul of whoever listens to it.
Trivia: this song was originally performed by The Foundations. It hit #3 on the Top 40 charts in 1969 on its first week. It was remade by the group "Torch" in the 80s but it never charted. This song was included in the movie "Mallrats" in 1995, a new version by "The Goops" brought the song to the attention of the current MTV generation.
What I find extraordinary about this song is how it enchants its listeners. You'll never get tired hearing it over and over again. And that's what I found strange. Actually, I AM a strong CLASSIC MUSIC-HATER!
How I hate it when I hear music far beyond my generation. I even uttered once (well, not actually once) that if I will be the mayor of our city, I will ban all radio stations playing such unearthly noise. And sundays even became my worst day of the week. It is on sundays when all radio stations are playing 50s to 80s music. I even once threatened my sister that I would blast the damn radio if she won't turn it off. I don't know but any music beyond the 90s to the present really gets on my nerves. I really get hysterical.
I don't know what separates this classic from those I hate. And what made this more fun is it is the song me and my friends sang when we went to San Agustin.
Generalizations, really, are wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment