Tuesday, April 5, 2005

Congratulations

Being proud is not a crime.

I think it was the right time to tell the world that I'm not any ordinary hare-brained lass of fifteen who knows nothing but blabbering topics from nowhere. But that's me being me. My classmates say that I'm acting like a boyish-childish girl who loves freaking out everyone. I don't act like that. I am that. *sigh*

Now here goes what I'm really freakin' about. I, a senior student of (insert high school) who just graduated last March 17, 2005 and hasn't got the chance of climbing up on the stage during graduation had finally found the guts... err.. to speak out. In behalf of my many other classmates, I would like to point out that it's not that we're dumb that's why we didn't receive the honors worthy of appraisal. Maybe we're just stupid.

Now, back to me. I am born crazy. When I'm still in my first year I'm the top 1 in our class. A friend once told me that they tagged me as genius. As if. Maybe because, I'm just into studying back then. When I started out on my sophomore year, I was still doing fine but I, sort of, got bored.

I'm a Gemini and as astrologers state it: Gemini are people who easily get bored. They like to try new things that's why they easily lose interests in some things they use to love. And yeah. That fits me. I remember once, I got into this Neopet-craze thingy. (For those who don't know, Neopets is a website for crazy virtual-addicted guys who love virtual pets). I used to spend loads of money just to play it but now, well, not to be accused of harshness to animals but my pet sort of... err.. died. If you're a drag racer and would love to find the most crooked place in the world, try having a miniature laser point at you and try racing in my brain. It has more twist and turns than your four-year old sister's writing.

Back to our main topic. I sort of lost interest in studying. You're knowledge ain't measured on the honors you get and the grades you see on your report cards. And I'm awfully glad that in my entire life I never had a startling line of 7 on my report card. At least the lowest grade I had on a subject in my entire life is 80.09. My grandmother would kill me if I did have something below that

And I never flunked any college admission test. I passed the University of the Philippines College Admission Test (UPCAT) and I take that as a great achievement. Millions of high school graduates all over the country took that test and only 10,000 are admitted. And I'm one of them. Whew.

I also took the Mindanao State University Examinations (one of the most prestigious universities in Mindanao). I passed with a score of 118. And wait, I took the Ateneo de Davao tests and got a score of Superior IQ. And I made it without studying. I got scores higher than some of the so-called "top students" in class.

Now, what am I pointing out? Aside from the fact that I blew my inflated head in this post. It is that honors are not based on your performance on the four walls of your classroom. It is better not to have honors and deserve them, than have them but not deserve them.

This post is for those people.

They know who they are. You won. For nothing is lost when you don't cheat! I am but an example because I know there are lot better than me. For all this unnamed people of great wits. Salutations and may you have the success you deserve.

No comments: