Thursday, May 26, 2005

Summer Bummer

Ever felt like racing with time? Like a 1 in a range of 2-10 of winning? Ask me. I feel I'm about to. And it just started yesterday.

It was such a lively afternoon that you would love to do nothing but sleep. I was in the mood for hibernating once more, after sleeping of about two hours, when my mother popped on the door.

And she had this HUGE smile on her face. A smile she only wears whenever she wants me to do something she knows I really hate to do. Oh boy, oh boy. Imagine me turning pale when I saw her. Was I scared!

And then she started blabbing nonstop like.. "go to the office of BDA (BANGSAMORO DEVELOPMENT AGENCY) tomorrow because they would interview you. And then you would go to Malaysia if you passed. And then you will study college there. And then you will be successful. And then blah blah blah.."

I didn't really got a hang of what she said. Maybe I was just sleepy, or maybe my ears automatically shut themselves up for fear of breakdown. So that night, they talked about that with my grandmother.

Unfortunately, she agreed. The following morning, I just found myself dressed in these ULTRA-baggy true-be-nice polo. It is sooooooooo large. And for you to picture out what this "sooooooooo large" I'm talking about, picture this. You wouldn't even know that a 9-month old pregnant woman is really pregnant if she's wearing that. That means, I looked like a big hanger wearing that dress.

Nevertheless, I headed to the BDA. And oh! There where LOTS of people there. It was not an interview afterall. Well not yet, we just had to take a test. So we did. After that, they told us to listen to SUARA MINDANAO to know if we passed. My grandma immediately went for the grocery to buy lots of batteries for our radio, since someone with unseemingly small brain cut off its cord.

Actually, I was glad with what happened. I CAN finally listen to my favorite radio station. And since Suara Mindanao is by "night-shift" only, I got the radio ALL BY MYSELF during daytime.

Nevertheless, I am a good friend so I would love to share my sorrow... err, I mean my luck to someone else. So I called up NHILE (Inkyt) to take the test.

And we DID passed. Out of 80-90 who took the test, we got in the top 2. I got the top. Duh. It would be a shame not to have so. The questions are so "elementary".

So tomorrow, it will be another DAY.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: