Friday, June 3, 2005

Marawi Day 2


~ We woke up early and took a bath. Good thing. The water went out at eight o' clock.
~ We had breakfast for thirty-five minutes. And the actual eating was only FIVE minutes. The remaining time was allocated for WAITING.
~ Maranaos sure love spice. The spaghetti tasted like ground chili with tomato sauce.
~ We jumped on the van and flew off to the Mindanao State University.
~ MSU IS huge. And one can see Lake Lanao from there too.
~ We went to the Interview Area.
~ The Malaysian guy assigned for the interview told us, in the GENTLEST way possible, that we are not allowed of the scholarship because:

1. We HAVE to finish seventy-units in college before we can proceed in the university.
2. Even if we managed to reach Malaysia, we are still OBLIGED to take pre-university courses.
3. We're TOO young.

~ As he said the last reason, he smiled at me. At that moment, I want to stand up, get a gun, and shoot his brains off. Just kidding.
~ We found out that WE would have been excempted if it weren't for a dirty, stupid, evil MARANAO man who told them that. CURSE HIM!
~ We went back to the van half-heartedly. Then we saw our BDA pals.
~ We sat down on the grass and discussed ways of killing the damn maranao. *hehe*
~ They went back to Cotabato that afternoon. Then rain started to pour.
~ We bought sodas at a store. I asked the lady to put mine in a cellophane. She did. On a certain cellophane specially made for packing rice. Nevertheless, I thanked her.
~ The Malaysians noticed our disappointment. But our disappointment for that day was not yet fulfilled.
~ We went back to our room. And mistook it for a swimming pool.
~ Water ran up to our ankles. The water from the tap was running. We left it open!
~ I remembered that the water ran out that morning so it was nobody's fault.
~ We opened the windows and threw pails of water out. Jane used TOWELS. Towels are for water, right?
~ We found out that the guy's room was also flooded. We ran a contest. Fastest floor-drying race.
~ We won.

That night...

~ We ate and scorched our tongues with the spicy food.
~ I was about to give up when the Malaysian-speaking lady's words clanged in my ears. Malaysians don't like it if food is left on the table.
~ I forced a smile as I gulped down glassfuls of water with every spoon I take.
~ Mr. V is playing safe. He ordered Fried Chicken. But he forgot that the KETCHUP is 2/3 pepper. I fought hard not to laugh as his face grew red and smoky.
~ Jane asked me to finish her curry for her. We told the Malaysian that the food is way too spicy. He took a bite and said that it was actually SWEET. *sweatdrop* Do they actually have tongues?
~ The boys told us that the hotel was haunted but we just laugh it off.
~ Jane fell asleep before all others. I'm busy praying that the damn TV in our room would work. It has only two channels.
~ The floor is still wet. And my feet are damp.

Nevertheless, I'm loving the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i luv yer wit, dear... :)