Saturday, December 2, 2006

The Rusty Blue Knight

Knights clattering in shiny armors. Guarding a citadel of ireppressable knowledge and wisdom. A knight who is spiritually strong, emotionally mature, socially involved, and intellectually brilliant.

A perfect vision of St. Ignatius for the youth.

VISION. All a vision. A misty phantom of dark dreams.

For rust gnaws the supposed-strong steel armor. Rust that is APATHY.

I forgot to tell what happened last Wednesday. There was a Student Summit. However, the population of the Ateneans that attended the same event were as numerous as a flock of penguins living in Sahara Desert.

I CAN'T BELIEVE ALL THIS PASSIVENESS AND APATHY!

Why this forum is for their sake! And if another legislation is to be passed without them "knowing" it, they would then curse the gods behind the proud blue-tinted seal of Davao. How totally unreasonable.

I would not have reached my boiling point if it weren't for them adding insult to injury. It's funny to see students swarming the covered court everytime Dance Groups of different divisions would perform. And then they would all vanish like bubbles in thin air after the "show". It's as if the Summit were all about showcasing the "talents" of these individuals.

And talking about TALENTS. IT is quite preposterous how the Ateneo's definition of TALENT seem to narrow down on the level of the ability to move your body on rythmic beats and exhaust your vocal chords to the limit.

It is ridiculous that THE ATENEO TALENTS are composed of the very individuals who are inclined to the belief of the ATENEO SCHOOL FOR MUSIC AND DANCE. Oooh! I never knew I studied in a prestigious university who only value people who can break necks and blab whimsical notes!

What happened to the people who possessed the great skill in other ARTS ie LITERATURE and VISUAL ARTS. Is the ability to write poetry and paint magnificent depictions not considered "talent" anymore?

What happened to the knight who gazes at the wonder of the velvet skies and writes his thoughts with his pen? What happened to the valiant warrior who siezed the palette to etch a vivid image of his emotions? Is the modern knight the one hopping and shaking to the tune of "Fergielicious" or what-have-you?

I really don't care whether they would build monuments of the TAT people all over the campus. I don't give a damn if they would go kissing the ground they walk on. All I'm asking is a FAIR distribution of approval among all Ateneans.

For talents are never limited on being able to dance, sing, or act. That is the mediocre category. Not everyone can paint, recite, draw, write poems, juggle things, eat straws, pull cars with your nostrils, and whatever TALENT you have in you.

Talents are things that are of UNIQUE level. Things not ALL people can do.

Unless my notion of the word talent is as sensible as what people think during the Paleontolic era, I think those people have to reiterate what that concept means to them.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh,okay,so this is the real one :)

i agree,talents are never limited

have a nice day,Bam :D

Anonymous said...

in your school.. it's expected.. talents that are traditionally developed lang ang talagang binibigyan pansin..

hey why not change ur school's name to ATENEO STUDIO OF DAVAO.. hehe..

Anonymous said...

Internal errors seem to be rampant in Blogger these days.

Again(re-typing what I just wrote a few moments after Blogger refused to publish my comment): The issue here is how the Ateneo Talents Group seems to claim monopoly and exclusive ownership of the multifarious term "talent".

Now that you've brought it up, it DOES seem politically-incorrect to claim the few 'gifted'(bodily-kinesthetically, vocally, -ehem-"aesthetically" and otherwise) as our school's sole "Talents". Now that's just sad.

Ah I don't know. Maybe I'm just sour-graping because I can't sing nor dance to save my life.

@Avy: Grabe na ata ang grudge mo sa aming school huh. "it's expected" na talaga eh. Whooh! Ibang level na toh!

P.S.
You ought to consider submitting this to Atenews as a commentary. Go Bam Go!

P.S.S
I am such a suck-up. Boo!

B said...

Ate Ghee: hehe.. yup!^^ I'm glad you can finally read it na. Hehe. Todo career na sa lay-out.^^

Avy:Oooh! Avy! Mukhang may matindi kang galit sa Ateneo ha? Hehe.

Mel: Hahaha! Don't worry! I had Lughing Knight na about this. I'm sure he can wipe the arrogant smirks off "some" peoples faces when he publishes his next article. Hahaha! I just hope he could substantiate our points in a not-so-laughable manner. Hahaha!^^

Anonymous said...

The Laughing Knight a.k.a. the infamous Sam S.???

Haahaha, he has made many-a-Humanities-students' mouths foam with his Atenews:Fiesta Edition article.

Nice to Know he's back in action.

Hmmm. Ba't nagkaka-error when I use my Blogger identity to comment??? Weird...

B said...

Hahaha! Char. I dunno. Baka sa unit. hehe.

Sorry sa typo. ^^

So, hindi na pala masyado hidden ang identity niya, hehe.

Anonymous said...

Hindi naman masyado. Heheh. First labas pa lang ata ng Laughing Knight, nakaamoy na kami agad ng hints of Samuel-ness.

That just sounded gross didn't it? Bwahahaha.

B said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hear, hear! Hehehe. Tsk. Kunsabagay, medyo obvious nga siya.

Though, natuwa ako dun sa ADMU vs ADDU na article. Hehe. At least ginanahan akong magbasa ng Atenews. Hehe.